Monday, May 25, 2009

China here we come!!!


Okay so this is just the beginning of the stuff to bring. It's like we are taking a pharmacy with us. I'm just about done packing all of our stuff and took a break to blog. I don't think I will have any extra time to do it tomorrow. We leave on Wed. the 27Th and fly to Washington DC and then on to Beijing. We will spend 3 nights in Beijing and then leave for Nanning. On June 1st we meet Kiana........:) We are in Nanning for 6 days and then on to Guangzhou for another 6 days. We come home through Chicago on June 12Th. I can't believe it. The time has FINALLY come....We are SO excited and anxious. We can't wait. Auntie Jenny & Uncle Chris bought us a notebook so we should be able to blog while we are gone. Keep checking in if we have free time (yeah right) we will blog w/pics. :) Thanks Auntie Jenny & Uncle Chris.... Oh and Tricia thanks for coming over at the last minute to help with the car seat...We are so clueless about all this stuff. I'm sure I will have many more questions along the way. Can't wait for ALL the girls to meet... & one more thanks to our parents for absolutely EVERYTHING you have done for us we couldn't of done this without you!!! Off to China...YEAH!!!

2 comments:

Marsi said...

I can't believe the time has finally come for you to leave for China. So exciting! Are you also taking diapers? I know they have them in China, but I heard that the american type are a lot more absorbent. But now that I think of it, your little one may already be potty-trained. I've also been suggested to take bubbles, cuz they really like those & loli-pops ( for bribery ) lol! We will be thinking of all of you & praying for a safe return and adjustment. Can't wait to hear about your experience. Enjoy this beautiful new phase of your life.

Pam Caro said...

Hi Melanie!

I am so excited to see you off on your journey!! Yes never thought you would spend so much money on so many Rx items to take with you did you?? Your table looks like my suitcase did!! I didn't use 1/2 of it but I was SO THANKFUL we took it all!! I can't wait until the uniting of your family!! It is such a joy and journey and one you will never forget!! I can't wait to see the pictures and read your blog while there!! Do as much as you can while you are there because when you come home you will quickly forget the things you wanted to write about the little details!! Your life is about to change so drastically and you will be the most amazing parents little precious daugher could ask for in her life!! I am so excited!! Remember the road is bumpy as you have already experienced and will continue to be as this is change for all of you!! ENJOY!! Ahhhhhhh off to china my heart is beating fast and my tears in my eyes with joy for you and your baby!!