Sunday, July 26, 2009

The beach







This week we had early intervention over and Kiana doesn't qualify...I'm a little disappointed as I would of liked to of had the weekly meetings for Kiana. They have placed her at 16months developmentally and since she is 19months it just isn't a big enough delay. Her real only problem is language. She now has a couple more words. I would say that she says about 13 words, maybe not words that you would understand, but I clearly know what she is saying... :) We practiced with smiling for the camera, which sometimes she does and other times, not so much!!! Nap time is FINALLY coming along. I had to post a picture of her napping with her favorite pillow and now at night time after her milk she says nite nite, so nite nite it is........................
We also met with the Young girls and went to the beach. Kiana really enjoyed the beach more than I thought she would of. She was nervous walking on the sand and going in the water, but Ba Ba warmed her right up. She even played at her cousin's house with all the girls and for about 5 mins didn't even look for me.....YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Pam Caro said...

Hi Mel

I am so happy for you that you don't need the services of EI and that she is at 16 months! WOW!! It's funny as I was referencing Kiana the other day! I had my meeting of where we have come in a YEAR and I said I can tell by your pictures that Kiana is so much more developed than Miah!! Good thing!! The less in services and Dr appts you need be thankful!! That is GREAT NEWS!! I am so happy for you guys!! Amazing her vocabulary is that far - we have about a 30 maybe 40 after 1 year!! Tomorrow it is ONE YEAR Miah became a US Citizen!! Keep up the good work sounds to me you have the mother instincts and are doing a great job!! Congratulations!! Take care and keep posting those adorable pictures!! She is precious!!!